Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] build problem
From: "Prokash Sinha" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 19:48:00 -0800
Thanks Steve,

I have the following ( so I will try after installing the version you mentioned here)

[email protected] ~/wireshark
$ automake --version
automake (GNU automake) 1.10
Written by Tom Tromey <[email protected]>
       and Alexandre Duret-Lutz < [email protected]>.

This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO

[email protected] ~/wireshark
$ autoconf --version
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.60
Written by David J. MacKenzie and Akim Demaille.

This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO

[email protected] ~/wireshark
$ ./autogen.sh
: command not found6:
: command not found9:
: command not found14:
: command not found19:
  File "<string>", line 1
    print 'Checking for python.'
                                ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
'/autogen.sh: line 34: syntax error near unexpected token `in
'/autogen.sh: line 34: `case "$ACVER" in

- pro

On 12/24/06, Stephen Fisher <[email protected]> wrote:
On Sun, Dec 24, 2006 at 06:08:30PM -0800, Prokash Sinha wrote:

> I checked thru the environment ( as per the document: Developers
> guide) to see all the required dev tools are installed correctly.

> [email protected] ~/wireshark
> $ python -V
> Python 2.4.3

Python 2.4.3 is what I use successfully.

> What could be the problem in my configuration ?

What version of automake and autoconf are you using?  (automake
--version and autoconf --version).  I am using automake 1.6 and autoconf
2.52.  I've had strange problems with some of the other versions.

Steve