Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Patch for Bug771, link layer header type selection

Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 13:26:18 +0100
      Hello,

Here is a patch for Bug 771 (repost).
It solves the problem of datalink header selection, when the interface has
more than one.
And now, when we reopen the dialog window, the datalink submenu is restored
to the last used value.
The patch uses gtk_option_menu_set_history, which is deprecated, but all
the datalink menu is coded with gtk_option_menu.

During the writting of the patch, I discovered that dumpcap can be launched
with the interface name only, if no action is performed to select the
link-layer type.
Example:
lt-dumpcap -i eth0 -Z
instead of
lt-dumpcap -i eth0 -y EN10MB -Z

I did not change this implementation, as it is not so easy, and could lead
to unawaited problems.
But I find this confusing, for interface other that Ethernet, where you can
have 4 or more link layer types.

(See attached file: capture_dlg.c.diff.gz)

Best regards
Florent