Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Microsoft Visual C Version 6 support is a bitoutdated ...
From: "Gianluca Varenni" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 05:31:57 -0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Guy Harris" <[email protected]>
To: "Developer support list for Wireshark" <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2006 2:36 AM
Subject: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Microsoft Visual C Version 6 support is a bitoutdated ...

However, I seem to remember the WinPcap developers saying that passing
FILE *'s and even "file descriptors" (as returned by _open(), _fdopen(),
etc.) across binary boundaries is problematic as well.
Yes. It's the same as malloc/free. You need to use the various FILE
functions (fopen and such) coming from the CRT. Or better, if you obtain a
FILE pointer from a CRT X, you need to use to call the FILE functions coming
from that specific CRT X on *that* FILE pointer. I'm not sure about file
descriptors (_open), but I think it's the same. I'd check on the MSDN docs
to be sure.
Have a nice day
GV