Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Microsoft Visual C Version 6 support isa bitoutdated ...

From: "RABRET Laurent RD-MAPS-ISS" <laurent.rabret@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 12:49:02 +0100
Of course there's one, I posted a patch about 1.5 years ago for the formerly Ethereal to successfully compiled with Visual > 6. I have always successfully used this patched Ethereal/Wireshark compiled with VS 2003 and have just checked when compiled with Visual C++ 2005 Express --> No problem if we include the .exe/dll.manifest to the distribution.

I do not understand why this patch was not applied but it's maybe because I do not know glib (or because the macro does not work on VS6/Unices -> not tested on these environments). The "spirit" of the patch is very simple: Do not use glib API for file handling whilst glib is compiled with visual studio 6.
Regards
Laurent