Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Microsoft Visual C Version 6 support is a bitoutdated ...

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 21:36:17 +0100
Kukosa, Tomas wrote:
Hi!

I hope support of MSVC 6 will remain ;-)
I don't tend to break it - as I will also use it from time to time ;-)
Will we have common makefile for both versions or one for each of them?
My goal is to have a single compiler setting in config.nmake and using some ifdef magic to support the different versions through the same Makefile.nmake files - duplicating the current makefiles would be a maintenance nightmare in the long run IMO.

The first experiments shows that it should be possible, but I'm far from finsihed.

The biggest hurdle seems to be the different msvcrt.dll (C runtime library) versions for the libs we use, as Gerald already mentioned - I'm still thinking about the possibilities to solve this.

Regards, ULFL