Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Microsoft Visual C Version 6 support is a bit outdated ...

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 02:23:46 +0100
Hi List!

We currently only "support" MSVC Version 6 for the Windows builds.

As Version 6 is pretty much outdated and it's possible that I won't have access to such an installation in the near future, it seems to become time to make WS buildable on a newer MSVC version.

If available time permits, my next development steps will go into the Win32 build process under MSVC 2005. Hopefully it should be possible to build WS under both the "normal" and the "Express Edition" which is free (as in beer).

So expect some build Win32 problems in the next weeks ... ;-)

Regards, ULFL