Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Changed capture options default settings to use real time displa

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 02:07:39 +0100
Hi List!

To my surprise, after installing WS on a new machine, I've realized that the default capturing options are still to show the capture summary window while a capture is in progress. Unfortunately, this hides a very helpful feature to new users - unless he/she figures out that this feature is in fact available. IMHO a new user should see the "Update list of packets in realtime" option as default, this will usually be much more interesting than the capture summary window.

Accordingly, I've changed the defaults "Update list of packets in realtime" and "Auto scroll" to TRUE and the "show summary window" to FALSE.

Regards, ULFL