Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] guint8* and gchar* ... and Vim ?! :)

From: Sebastien Tandel <sebastien@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 20:27:55 +0100
Hi,

   is there any reason to use guint8* instead of gchar*?
With gcc-4.0, there is the new feature warning you that "pointer target
differs in signedness" (which is not such a bad thing).
Nevertheless it's rather boring to have all these output warnings. Even
if it's only a normal make command line it hides the interesting
information. It's even more when using the capability of Vim to browse
the output of make and to jump easily in the code  to each
warning/error... I have to browse all

May we change these guint8* to gchar* ? I mean may we change the type of
the concerned variables and not cast to every call of a function ?

Regards,
Sebastien Tandel