Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Protocol development

Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 16:15:51 +0100
Hi,

You can't as you said "register a protocol for an IP address" ... but you can
register a plugin which will dissect your protocol.
If you only want the dissection for a particular IP address, wireshark allows
you to create a filter (capture or display).

for a plugin implementation in wireshark see the documentation
http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html_chunked/

Regards,
Sebastien Tandel