Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Buildbot fail of the capture tests - how to solve this?

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 09:58:04 +0100
Hi!

The Win32 buildbot currently fails to run the command line tests I've written.

This is due to the fact that the capture interface (number 3 in this case) doesn't capture enough traffic in a "reasonable amount of time" (I think the timeout is set to 10s) so it fails all the time.

Although I think these tests are - by far - the most interesting tests (they test e.g. the handshake between WS and dumpcap), I don't see a way to let these tests succeed without some "reliable" traffic on the win32 buildbot.

I see two ways to solve it:
- find a way to get some "reliable" traffic on the buildbot that the test can capture (any ideas how to achieve this?)
- disable the capture related tests for now

Ideas?

Regards, ULFL