Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Patch adding option to display time as seconds(and fractions

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 15:48:59 -0800

On Dec 5, 2006, at 1:57 PM, Ulf Lamping wrote:

As a Windows user I don't know what an "epoch time" is.

Not all Unix users know what it is, either.

Would it be
better to use "Seconds Since Unix Epoch" or even better "Seconds Since
1.1.1970"?

Or "since 1970-01-01 00:00:00 GMT", to use something closer to the ISO standard, and to indicate the time as well as the date of the epoch.