Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Patch adding option to display time as seconds (and fraction

From: Stephen Fisher <stephentfisher@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 19:27:45 -0800
On Mon, Dec 04, 2006 at 03:59:09PM -0000, Douglas Pratley wrote:

> Corrected patch; epan/column.c and epan/column_utils.c were not
> included. This one has now been properly tested against a clean
> checkout of today's code.
>
> - New menu option available under view\time display format
> - New sub-option (e) to -t switch for both wireshark and tshark
> - Extended recent settings code to handle new value
> - Did NOT add new explicit epoch time column

Looks good!  I have committed your changes as SVN revision 20040 and
added you to the authors list - thanks taking the time to implement this
:).

I made a few minor changes to formatting to line up tabs, spacing, etc.

I removed the comment about being linked against the GNU C library as
that's only the case on (Linux?) and not other systems we support, such
as the BSDs.  Anyway, time_t is defined so that 0 = epoch (Jan 1 1970
00:00:00) on any standard system so it is ok in your code.

I added the new e option to -t to the wireshark.pod / tshark.pod (for
man pages and HTML help pages) and the User's Guide
(docbook/wsug_src/WSUG_chapter_customize.xml).  Finally, I removed two
unused variables from col_set_epoch_time in column-utils.c to squelch
compiler warnings.

Steve