Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] wireshark and usb

From: Adam Sulmicki <adam@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 09:42:44 -0500 (EST)

 	        Can't get list of interfaces: can't open raw by socket 97:
 		Rodzina adresw nie obsugiwana przez protok

That's actually an error in the code to enumerate *Bluetooth* interfaces. Does your machine have any Bluetooth interfaces? That error (97) is "Address

no Bluetooth stuff compiled in.

That probably means that the libpcap code to enumerate USB interfaces isn't finding your interface. What are the contents of the /sys/kernel/debug/usbmon directory on your machine?

# ls /sys/kernel/debug/usbmon
1s  1t  2s  2t  3s  3t  4s  4t  5s  5t

PS: I read the list via web archives, so courtesy CC makes replying
     (if any) much easier, and preserves In-Reply-To tag.

I read the list via Boring Old E-mail, so sending me a courtesy CC means I get two copies when one would suffice (i.e., sending a courtesy CC by default is not always the right thing); however, as you explicitly asked for a copy, I'll send one.

ah, but this is very easy to solve, form 'man procmailex'

       If  you are subscribed to several mailinglists and people cross-post to
       some of them, you usually receive several  duplicate  mails  (one  from
       every  list).   The following simple recipe eliminates duplicate mails.
       It tells formail to keep an 8KB cache file in which it will  store  the
       Message-IDs  of  the most recent mails you received.  Since Message-IDs
       are guaranteed to be unique for every new mail, they are ideally suited
       to  weed  out  duplicate mails.  Simply put the following recipe at the
       top of your rcfile, and no duplicate mail will get past it.

              :0 Wh: msgid.lock
              | formail -D 8192 msgid.cache

On the other hand, I do not know easy solution for reading list on web, yet being able somehow easily to reply emails from list :(

--
Adam Sulmicki
http://www.eax.com 	The Supreme Headquarters of the 32 bit registers