Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Cygwin Bash update breaks verify_tools

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 05:47:40 +0000 (UTC)
It appears that the changed Cygwin bash handling of \r\n in script files (done
in bash versions after 3.1.6) is here to stay.

Therefore it seems that the use of the 'igncr' workaround is required when using
current versions of cygwin bash so that errors do not occur when making
Wireshark on Windows.

I've added a small hack to config.nmake (SVN 20034) so that 'igncr' will be used
when invoking a version of bash which has that option.

(I chose this approach rather than an approach such as using an environment
variable so we would not be requiring users to know about and take some special
action when using cygwin bash versions newer than 3.1.6).

Bill