Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] wireshark and usb

From: Adam Sulmicki <adam@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 09:41:01 -0500 (EST)

folks,
	Here are my observations from trying out wireshark on usb devices.
	Just FWIW.

1) capture -> Interfaces, gives me :

	        Can't get list of interfaces: can't open raw by socket 97:
		Rodzina adresw nie obsugiwana przez protok

        Once I press OK, windows disappears and I get no list
        However, it works to do :

        Capture -> Options -> enter "USB4" -> Start

        (but it is still accompanied by above error)

2) stop of capture, I get this error :

        	Can't get packet-drop statistics:
		Can't parse stat line 'nreaders 1 events 7614 text_lost 1918'
		expected 2 token got 1

	        Please report this to the Wireshark developers.
		(This is not a crash; please do not report it as such.)

3) s/w used in the above report :

distro			: fedora core 6
kernel                  : 2.6.18 vanilia
libpcap                 : cvs for today (3rd dec 2006)
wireshark svn version   : 20033
			./configure
				--with-ssl
				--with-pcap=/usr/local/pcap
				--prefix=/usr/local/wireshark

FWIW,
Adam

PS: I read the list via web archives, so courtesy CC makes replying
    (if any) much easier, and preserves In-Reply-To tag.

--
Adam Sulmicki
http://www.eax.com 	The Supreme Headquarters of the 32 bit registers