Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Compiling under MSVC 6.0 - simple Q, clear cut A ?

From: Sleep Less <sleepless_tlv@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 03:41:50 -0800 (PST)
Thanks. Done all the wiki recommendations. I can now single/step debug main.c,
but as you can imagine, my interest lies deep in one of the dissectors - e.g. packet-h263.c etc. How to I get to the situation I can single step through those?
thanks

Douglas Pratley <Douglas.pratley@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[Apologies if this message appears twice - I am having some trouble persuading exchange to be consistent about which SMTP address it uses for outgoing email, and my first try bounced as a non-menber]

The wiki tips page has a couple of useful sections on debugging and setting up browse info for MSVC.

I�ve also done it by creating a dummy static library project and using Wireshark as the �program� under the debug settings (useful for putting a breakpoint in start-up code).

Cheers

Doug