Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Slow loading of WS 0.99.4 - any ideas?

From: "Stuart MacDonald" <stuartm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 09:32:10 -0500
From: On Behalf Of Gerald Combs
> It might be helpful if someone who's having the problem could download
> Process Monitor from
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/processesandthre
ads/processmonitor.mspx
and look for operations that take an unusually long time during
Wireshark's startup.

Attached is my log. "Init dissectors" started just before 3891, but
there's probably a lag between the event occurrence and the display in
procmon.

Some events started while "Init dissectors" was active, and it finally
disappeared around 14000-something. There's another gap at 14383,
which might not be coincidence.

..Stu