Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Slow loading of WS 0.99.4 - any ideas?

From: "Tobias Erichsen" <erichsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 11:53:34 +0100
I have also found the new version to "pause" much longer than the old one.
On my PC it is about 6 seconds (Core2Duo).

With the older version, this delay did only exist whenever I added new
dissector-plugins into the plugin-directory and started up Wireshark
for the first time after that.  Each succeeding startup was fast.

And actually on my virtual machine the startup of the new version is about
13 seconds...

Tobias