Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Keep focus on same object in packet-detail-pane

From: Sake Blok <sake@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 22:08:15 +0100
> http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi?view=rev&revision=19924
>
> User: gerald
> Date: 2006/11/18 01:47 AM
>
> Log:
>  Add additional keyboard navigation: Ctrl+Up & Ctrl+Down (under the "Go"
>  menu) move to the previous and next packet even if the packet list isn't
>  in focus (specifically, the packet detail will stay in focus if that was
>  already the case).

This is great :)

Is it easy to enhance this to keep the focus on the selected item in
the packet-details pane, while scrolling through the packets with
"ctrl-up" and "ctrl-down"?  I find myself debugging tcp-seq numbers
quite often and it would be handy to be able to keep them highlighted
while moving up and down the packets.

Cheers,

Sake

PS  If it were up to me, I would even make "Up" and "Down" move though
    the packets, no whether which view is active and make "ctrl-up" and
    "ctrl-down" move the focus up and down in the current view. Come to
    think of it, it might be nice to have a key-binding table so that
    everyone can have their own key-bindings, just the way they like
    it. Or am I ranting now :)