Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Why replace ntohl() with g_ntohl()?

From: "Shaun Jackman" <sjackman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 13:35:51 -0700
This task seems to be a fundamentally broken idea. Why use a funky
g_ntohl -- or any g_xxx function for that matter -- when there's a
perfectly good, standard library function, namely ntohl?

If a particular architecture doesn't provide ntohl, one may use
autoconf to detect this case and provide ntohl. This case is the
primary reason for using autoconf.

Cheers,
Shaun