Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark / Tshark 0.99.4 crashes with Segmentation fault wh

From: Stephen Fisher <stephentfisher@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 22:51:08 -0800
On Tue, Nov 14, 2006 at 09:06:20AM +0100, M?rz, Frank wrote:

> I was able to filter for those packets which cause Wireshark 0.99.4
> and yesterdays SVN to crash. The files is attached to this mail. In
> Wireshark 0.99.2 I can open this file with no problems. I have removed
> all private data in this trace.

I committed a fix for this in SVN revision 19899 that works for me.
Could you please verify the fix on your system.  The problem was that
the proxy http connect in packet #1 of your latest trace was connecting
to port 80, which caused the http dissector to keep calling itself
over and over.  The feature to dissect payloads for http connect methods
was added sometime between 0.99.2 and 0.99.4.

Thanks,
  Steve