Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Release 00.99.4 missing file?

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 17:57:37 +0100
> I let cygwin do its default thing, plus adding in the additional
> downloads required for the Wireshark documentation. Then I went back to
> an earlier version of Bash. I only installed cygwin to get Wireshark
> working so it should be standard.
>
> The file system is NTFS.

Hi!

I have these problems too, but didn't found a good way to handle this with the cygwin python. The hint that the PATH should not be too long might be an idea, as my PATH is very long - but I currently don't have the time to figure it out.

The only solution which reliably works on my machine is to use the native windows port from python.org and change the settings in config.nmake accordingly.

I would like to return to the cygwin python (for easier build environment setup), but I've already spend hours to try to fix this without any success :-(

Even worse, it *sometimes* do work but most of the time not ?!? I'm really stuck here to find a good solution :-(

Regards, ULFL
Erweitern Sie FreeMail zu einem noch leistungsstärkeren E-Mail-Postfach!