Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] net-snmp modules missing?

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 10:39:37 +0100
Joerg Mayer wrote:
On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 09:20:48AM +0100, Radek Vokál wrote:
which is present on my desktop but I see it complaining for

Cannot find module (IP-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (IF-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (TCP-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (UDP-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (SNMPv2-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (SNMPv2-SMI): At line 0 in (none)
Cannot find module (UCD-SNMP-MIB): At line 0 in (none)

What is wireshark actually searching for? It disappears when I install
full set of net-snmp packages ..

From ~/.wireshark/preferences:

# List of MIB modules to load (the list is set to environment variable
# MIBS if the varia ble is not already set)The list must be separated
# by colons (:) on non-Windows systems a nd semicolons (;) on Windows systems
# A string.
snmp.mib_modules: IP-MIB:IF-MIB:TCP-MIB:UDP-MIB:SNMPv2-MIB:RFC1213-MIB:UCD-SNMP-MIB

HTH

ciao
      Joerg

That was a bug in copying the Win32 debug environment together. The mib files must go to "snmp\mibs", not simply "mibs"

Fixed in 19856.

Regards, ULFL