Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] creating a NBAP dissector with a different versionof the NBA

From: "Anders Broman \(AL/EAB\)" <anders.broman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 16:42:28 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Martin Peylo
Sent: den 6 november 2006 14:03
To: Wireshark-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Wireshark-dev] creating a NBAP dissector with a different
versionof the NBAP ASN.1 definition - asn2wrs questions

>- what Version of the NBAP standard was used to create
asn/nbap/nbap.asn?

>From the template file "3GPP TS 25.433 version 6.6.0 Release 6"

>- the not preprocessed nbap.asn is just what can be found in an
>TS25.433 document by ETSI? There are 6 parts and they are "just"
>concatenated?

Yes, or rather from 3gpp.org.

>- is it possible to express a more or less simple algorithm what to
comment out? If possible I'd like to write a perl
>script that automatically preprocesses the ASN file. If that succeeds
I'd like to have it added to asn/nbap/.

The file was edited by hand :-(
A possible solution could be to make a diff files between the
incompatible versions to find the incompatable
Asn1 parts then insert that asn1 code with a different name
Like:
Foo_v1::= foo_v1

Then insert a preference: Decode NBAP as V1,V2 etc
And do the necessary changes in the .cnf and ..-template.c to call the
different functions depending on the version.

Do you have an example of some differences and a trace file to
illustrate it with?

BR
Anders