Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] 0.99.4 packaging fails on Windows

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2006 02:56:40 +0100
Gerald Combs wrote:
It's also possible for distcheck to miss things on the Unix side:
http://www.wireshark.org/lists/wireshark-dev/200608/msg00243.html
Do you have any ideas what's caused this?!? Is this caused by the several ways WS is build on different Unix platforms - or are there still just bugs in the current test mechanism?
It might be possible to configure the Windows builder to download
tarballs and try to build them.  I'll take a look.
If that would be possible it'll hopefully stop the current sad situation, that's probably much easier than building a separate Win32 tarball.

Although the downloaded tarballs might even be several hours "old" I don't think it would matter a lot if the Win32 buildbot would be a few hours behind "official schedule" in this regard - checking tarballs a few hours old is by far *a lot better* than not checking at all :-)

Regards, ULFL