Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Retrieving the SVN repository version

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 23:51:45 +0100
Graham Bloice wrote:
Obviously my "knowledge" didn't extend as far as actually reading TFM. :-(
Sometimes reading the manual in fact does help ;-)
But as Ulf mentioned, there is no harm in asking devs to install the
win32 native svn command line client for build use.  Folks don't have to
use it for day to day stuff, and it doesn't affect TortoiseSVN at all
(until you have mismatched versions that alter the wc in some way).

I've updated the Developer's Guide (svn 19788):

I've splitted the subversion part (both 2.3.1 recommendations and 2.1x "reference" sections) into:
2.13. SVN command line client: cygwin or native port
2.14. SVN GUI: TortoiseSVN (I don't know any good UNIX subversion GUI so I cannot recommend)

2.3.1 (Win32 Recommendations)
If using the subversion repository (not a zip "distribution"):
2.3.4.1 use native subversion port
2.3.4.2 use TortoiseSVN

This should be ok now - any comments?

Regards, ULFL