Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] which one is better? locally allocated memory or the dynamically

From: prashanth joshi <prashanthsjoshi2000@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 03:15:57 -0800 (PST)
Hi,
Suppose we want to copy the contents from the tvb in to a buffer.
In that case is it better to use the array defined within the function or is it better to use a dynamically allocated array to copy the contents from the tvb. Can I free a memory allocated by g_malloc ( ) function, after the item is added to the display tree?
Regards,
Prashanth.

Davide Schiera <davide.schiera@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Sorry Jeff, you're right.
I was trying the latest build found on
http://www.wireshark.org/download/automated/win32/ (SVN-19748) and actually
that version is quicker that 0.99.4pre2 (it takes 3 or 4 seconds to start
up, while the prerelease takes at least -on my laptop- 15 seconds).

Ciao,

Davide