Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] How to extract guint64 data

From: prashanth joshi <prashanthsjoshi2000@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 03:15:40 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,
the function to extract the data are,
tvb_get_uint8,  tvb_get_ntohs and         ( guint32 ) tvb_get_ntohl.
How to extract a 64 bit data. ie guint64 data.
Also I wanted to know whether adding a local variable to the display tree has got the chances of making dangling reference occur. ( during run time the display tree is built and when run time is just about to end , the display tree will be acted upon by ethereal. So during this time it may refer to a data which was locally defined in a function previously but is no longer in use.)
Regards,
Prashanth.