Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Why am I getting a BoundsError?

From: Andrew Schweitzer <a.schweitzer.grps@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 19:53:56 -0400
I'm writing a dissector for a proprietary protocol and using tcp_dissect_pdus. Our packets can be 2k, and sometimes I seem to get incorrectly parsed messages in the gui. I see the text in the gui "Packet size limited during capture".

I found this in packet-frame.c, and apparently I'm getting a "BoundsError", possibly because my "snapshot length too short".

Any idea what's going on here? Is there something I can do to fix it? Either in code or in settings?

Thanks

Andy