Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Configure bug in adns support

From: "Thomas Steffen" <steffen.list.account@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 15:25:55 +0200
Hi

I think I found a problem in the configure script.

Situation: I am compiling wireshark for Solaris 8 with the libraries
from blastwave.org (/opt/csw). I also an incompatible version of
libiconv in /usr/local/lib, so I specify configure
--without-usr-local.

However, this does not have the desired effect, and -L /usr/local
always makes it into LDFLAGS.

I tracked it down to the detection of libadns, which is enabled by default:

	if test "x$want_adns" = "xdefaultyes"; then
		want_adns=yes
		withval=/usr/local
		if test -d "$withval"; then
			LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS -L${withval}/lib"

Obviously I don't want /usr/local, if I specify --without-usr-local.

This line seems to come from the macro AC_WIRESHARK_ADNS_CHECK in
configure.in. But I don't really know how to use autoconf, so I don't
know where it is defined or how the other tests avoid using
/usr/local.

Maybe someone with more configure experience can have a look at it.

Thomas