Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Freshly installed WS gives init.lua error message box

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 23:36:28 +0200
LEGO wrote:
the missing prefix is added by the macro... that's ugly and I'll fix
it but it is not our problem.

I do not have access to a windows box on which to test this so I need help.

Can you:

comment out ('--') the line in question (init.lua:230) and maybe also
231 if the problem happens with that one too...

if the error is gone (it should) you should have the
Tools/Lua/Evaluate menu item, open it and type:
---
local w = TextWindow.new("Globals")

for i,j in pairs(_G) do
  w:append(i .. "\t" ..  tostring(j) .. "\n")
end
---

  click  'Evaluate'
  send the text of the Globals window back to the list.
I cannot reproduce the problem any longer.

Does it make sense to give you the info anyway?

Regards, ULFL