Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] build problem with yacc and ascend-grammar.c

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 11:08:47 -0700
Aamer Akhter wrote:

I'm trying to build wireshark on ubuntu, and am running into the
following problem with the svn trunk checkout:

wireshark/wiretap$  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.
-I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include
"-D_U_=__attribute__((unused))" -Wall -W -g -O2
-I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include
-I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include -MT ascend-grammar.lo -MD
-MP -MF .deps/ascend-grammar.Tpo -c ascend-grammar.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o
.libs/ascend-grammar.o
ascend-grammar.c: In function 'ascendparse':
ascend-grammar.c:665: warning: label 'yyerrlab' defined but not used

Has anybody run into this problem? Not sure what the next step for me
would be...

-Werror isn't turned on (we don't enable it, as we can't control OS-supplied or GLib/GTK+/etc.-supplied headers), so the next step would probably be either "ignore the error" or "report an Ubuntu bug that Bison's generating code that gets a warning, and then ignore the error".