Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] port tracking ?

Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 14:48:59 +0000 (UTC)
On Tue, 17 Oct 2006, Jaap Keuter wrote:

Hi,

And how does that work with random access to the packets?

You mean the tree view? It doesn't work :-(( I was wrong! Sorry!

But what is the reason for the crash in control channel plugin?

According to "2.4 Dynamic server port dissector registration"
I filled an adress struct:

  address adr1;
  adr1.address_type = AT_IPv4;
  adr1.len = 4; // or should it be siteof(adr1) ?
  adt1.data = 0xa9fe0008; // 169.254.0.8

Then in dissector of the control channel:

 if (/** data channel is announced on port X **/ ) {

   conversation = find_conversation(pinfo->fd->num,
                &adr1, 0, PT_UDP, X, 0, NO_ADDR2 | NO_PORT_B);
 }

But the "find_conversation" call crashes. The "conversation_new" and
"conversation_set_dissector" also crashes.

--
J.Anders, GERMANY, TU Chemnitz, Fakultaet fuer Informatik