Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] The empty "Tools" menu toplevel item must be removed before

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 23:35:21 +0200
LEGO wrote:
I got the tools menu hidden if there's no items in it...

Now the problem is that if there's are menu items in it it appears
last (i.e. after "Help") which is not how it should be...

I been trying to figure out how to move it, but so far without
success, any hints?
You maybe keep it in it's place and just hide it (using the gtk_widget_hide/show calls for the menu item widget). That's usually *much* simpler than finding and inserting at the right place in the hierarchy later again.

It should be possible to get the GTK widget pointer from the menu item factory somehow, that's how the statistics items are handled when I remember correct.

If you get stuck, I may be able to help you here.