Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] The empty "Tools" menu toplevel item must be removed before

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 06:50:43 +0200
Gerald Combs wrote:
An alternative to keeping it hidden would be to add a default menu item
with the text "Why is this menu empty?", or "How to add items to this
menu", which takes the user to a help page describing how to add items.
Don't you think this is a very poor mans solution - in the current lua scripting state?

This help page will read something like: "This menu item is to add lua scripts. We won't tell you how to write these scripts - the current help is pretty much outdated - lua support is still experimental - but in case you'll find out you can add them here".

Sorry, but this can't be a serious solution ...

Regards, ULFL