Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Cygwin Bash update breaks verify_tools

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 06:45:07 +0200
Bill Meier wrote:
So: another option is just to stay with Bash v3.1-6 until the situation further resolves itself.
I've looked at some of the discussion in the cygwin mailing lists and I'm impressed of the ignorance some cygwin developers take care about the problems that virtually thousands of cygwin users seem to have :-(

It's not that the developers didn't thought about the problems, they *intended* to ignore the problems everyone else might have :-(((

The current ignrc solution is just a hack.

So if there's any hope that this will clean up somehow in bash 3.1-10, I'll suggest to wait for it.

Looking at the cygwin ML threads - I guess it won't take that long ...

Regards, ULFL