Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Writing a new packet dissector

From: Daniel Griscom <griscom@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 11:58:56 -0400
At 4:54 PM +0200 10/14/06, Ulf Lamping wrote:
Daniel Griscom wrote:
 Bit more to the point: What platform are you developing on? Wild guess
 Win32?

 Well, I'm an OS X man by choice, but Wireshark is so much better
 integrated into Windows that I use it there.
Because I'm using Windows and (I often feel that I'm the only one) doing
a lot of work making things easier for both users and developers - or at
least I try.

Self-interest is a great motivator of open-source projects.

Don't understand: Pointing from the devel guide to the doc dir or from
the doc dir to the devel guide?

From the development guide (which is online, and is the first thing a potential developer would see) to the doc dir (which is embedded in the source). Perhaps even having a section listing the different doc dir files and their meanings.

Thanks,
Dan