Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark Build Errors: airpcap.h, sync_pipe_write.c, #defines,

From: "Turner, Jay" <Jay.Turner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 14:17:27 -0500
Title: Wireshark Build Errors: airpcap.h, sync_pipe_write.c, #defines, and ints

I installed, configured, and ran nmake f Makefile.nmake. I noticed some warning: __int64 to int; possible loss of data statements, some already defined statements, etc. It compiled and linked quite far. Then I received:

ringbuffer.c

timestats.c

util.c

version_info.c

airpcap_loader.c

airpcap_loader.c(47) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'airpcap.h':

 No such file or directory

alert_box.c

Generating Code...

Compiling...

capture.c

capture_info.c

capture_opts.c

capture_sync.c

color_filters.c

file.c

fileset.c

filters.c

g711.c

merge.c

proto_hier_stats.c

sync_pipe_write.c

sync_pipe_write.c(59) : warning C4013: 'write' undefined; assuming extern return

ing int

summary.c

tempfile.c

Generating Code...

NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cl' : return code '0x2'

Stop.

Im using Wireshark 0.99.3a, Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600 SP2, MSVS EE 6.0, Cygwin Bash 3.1.17(6)-release.

I assume the warning messages should be ignored.

The airpcap.h file is nowhere in the wireshark directory tree. I downloaded the developer package for airpcap, but it has no header file.

The README.win32 and Developers Guide have no reference to airpcap. I do not need wireless protocol support.

How can I resolve this?

Thank you,

Jay Turner