Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Patch]Allow filtering on protocols within PPP multiplexed s

From: "Anders Broman" <a.broman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 08:12:25 +0200
Checked in
/Anders

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] För Donald White
Skickat: den 11 oktober 2006 07:31
Till: wireshark-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ämne: [Wireshark-dev] [Patch]Allow filtering on protocols within PPP
multiplexed sub-frames

I am submitting this for the third time.  I have received no comments.

The attached patch is an enhancement to the PPP multiplexing protocol
dissector in protocol-ppp.c.  There are two changes:

     The protocol id field of the multiplexed sub-frame is added
     to the protocol tree using a header field.  This allows
     filters to select the protocol as is the case when it is not
     multiplexed.  I think this fixes a small bug as the ability to
     filter for a protocol should not depend on the lower level
     protocol.

     When the protocol id of the subframe is not present, the
     appropriate default protocol is displayed with the standard
     indication that Wireshark generated the value.

Thanks,

Don