Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Please help me, I need to automatize the calculation of Inte

From: "Andreina Toro" <andreina.toro@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 11:28:25 -0400

Hi Jaap, thanks for answering, I think I understand what you´re saying, I´ve tried that, the problem is that the only way I can export the statistics to a CSV file is if I have previously oppened the "RTP Stream Analysis Window". In that case is easy, because I can export the data and then make the calculations. But  in order to get to that specific window (where I can export the data from) I would have to click first on the Analyze button in the "RTP Stream Window", and repeat that to every call. You can read on top of that window that it says "choose one for forward and reverse direction for analysis". And that represents a problem because the calls detected per capture are variable :(

Is that what you were sugesting by "use keyboard shortcuts to work the GUI (Graphic User Interface)... to export the statistics to a CSV file"?

Another way, but is really long would be to choose every packet from the principal or front window and then select from the Statistics menu the RTP Stream Analysis, and then export the statistics to a CSV file. The problem in this case is that I´m going to have a lot of repeated files, for every packet that belongs to a specific call. Becasuse I can´t find a way to filter packets for every call in order to get only "n" CVS  files for "n" calls. I will have "more than n " CVS files for "n" calls. Did I explained my problem? or was I too confusing? :0S

Thanks for your time! And looking forward for your answer...
Andreina :)