Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Chances to include the test scripts I've written into the buildb

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 01:29:28 +0200
Hi List!

Some time ago I've written some command line option test scripts for WS, Tshark and dumpcap.

I've recently run these scripts to check the changes from Richard van der Hoff - they take about a minute to complete.

I've noticed, that some of the tests currently fail (not related to Richards changes). This makes it obvious for me, that these tests should be running in the buildbot - otherwise new bugs (in the command line or capture implementation) rush in without anyone noticing it.

They are located in the test dir, are written as bash scripts and running in cygwin and probably UNIXes as well.

Currently they will work interactively, but it shouldn't be too hard to additional make them usable in "batch mode", so they could be running in the buildbot.

Gerald: Are there chances that these scripts will be added as a new buildbot step (if I add a batch mode to them)?

Regards, ULFL