Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Save button removals

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 15:28:09 -0700

On Oct 3, 2006, at 2:27 PM, Ulf Lamping wrote:

Stephen Fisher wrote:
Does the apply button in preferences now also save them?
It doesn't, but now it does :-)

So if I want to change a protocol preference and *not* have the change (or any other changes I've made) saved to a file, how do I do that?

(Eventually, the right fix is probably to have protocol "preferences" which are the default values and which are saved when changed and protocol "settings" that can be changed from the defaults and that aren't normally saved but that can be saved with a "make these the default" button. We might also want to have that button update only the defaults for the protocol being changed.)