Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] help! help! Question about RTP Streams´ Window

From: "Andreina Toro" <andreina.toro@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 09:27:22 -0400

Hi everyone... I have a question about Wireshark and the RTP Streams... I need to calculate the Interarrival Jitter. I undestand that "it is calculated continuously as each data packet i is received from source SSRC_n, using this difference D for that packet and the previous packet i-1 in order of arrival (not necessarily in sequence), according to the formula J=J+(|D(i-1,i)|-J)/16 "

In the sub menu "Show all RTP Streams" I found the Mean Jitter and the Max Jitter of each call. But I need the specific Interarrival Jitter of each call. I know I can calculate it because if I choose a call in that specific Window and then click on "Analyze" I get another window with a lot of information, among those the jitter of each packet of each call, with that data I can manually calculate the Interarrival Jitter that I need. The problem is that I need to automatize the process using a Macro Recorder, and I don´t see how I can create a general routine using the Keyboard that would apply to every Capture in order to get the data that I need. I don´t know If I´m being clear with what my problem is.. With Wireshark in the RTP Streams Window I need to click on top of the specific stream for an analysis. So I can not automatize that because depending on the number of calls in each capture I´ll need to click in an specific number of streams in order to get each analysis in wich I can get the data for the Jitter I need.?? :( So is there another way to get this Jitter? that would get me more directly to the jitter for ALL the calls in a capture?? And is there a way using ONLY the KEYBOARD and not the MOUSE to click or choose a specific Stream in the "Show all RTP Streams Window"??? Because the problem with the mouse is that the window can be located in any position in the Screen...

If anyone could help me I would me veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery thankfull...

The problem is that I need to create  a routine using Wireshark with a Macro Recorder and run it every 2 hours in order to calculate Quality of Service parameters for VoIP Calls...

Thaaaaaaaaaaaanks.... you´re helping a Venezuelan student in a middle of a crisis!!!!

Best Regards!

Andreina