Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Follow TCP Stream: stream directions wrong?

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 13:57:36 +0800

Stephen Fisher wrote:
On Thu, Sep 28, 2006 at 12:30:40PM +0800, Jeff Morriss wrote:

Is it just me or (with 0.99.3) does Follow TCP Stream get the stream directions wrong (e.g., in the list of stream directions to show, just to the right of the Print button)? The directions seem to be reversed (e.g., if I select "my PC --> the web server" I see the contents of the web page but if I select "web server --> my PC" I see the GET request, etc.).

When I click on a packet from my PC -> the web server then go to Follow TCP Stream, it shows up correctly. However, when I click on a packet from the web server -> my PC and go to Follow TCP Stream, it is reversed (the GET is shown for the web server -> PC) . Is this the same behavior you're seeing?

Yes, you've nailed it exactly. I noticed this morning that what I reported wasn't always the case, and sure 'nuff, it's not.

Unless anyone has any immediate ideas/fixes, I'll just submit a bug to remember the issue.