Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] patch to eyesdn wiretap module

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 17:00:35 -0700

On Sep 27, 2006, at 12:20 PM, Rolf Fiedler wrote:

I am the author of the eyesdn wiretap module. Recently we added ATM
support to our trace format. We used channel id 129 for that, so far
only 0 for D channel and 1-30 for bearer channels had been in use.

The current EyeSDN wiretap has a sanity check and does not accept
channel numbers larger than 30. I removed this check, since it is
pointless and now prevents us from importing our ATM traces.

So:

1) is there anything at the beginning of an ATM capture (such as a different magic number) to indicate that it's an ATM capture rather than an ISDN capture?

	2) for an ATM trace, do all the packets have a channel ID of 129?

3) what is in the packet data of an ATM capture? Should it be run through the standard ISDN dissector? (If so, the standard ISDN dissector should probably treat a channel ID of 129 specially.) Or should it be treated differently?