Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Problems dissecting large amounts of data

From: "ronnie sahlberg" <ronniesahlberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 07:45:34 +0000
I think there is something wrong somewhere with HTTP PDUs spanning
multiple segments since it does require a rescan of all packets when
you just click on one such packet.

You can see it for example in the trace on the HTTP Reassembly page on the wiki.

I have planned many times to look into why this happens but never found time.

On 9/27/06, Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx> wrote:
Brian Vandenberg wrote:
>   Scratch that, still pretty slow.  Not quite as bad as before, but the
> improvement was only marginal.

The hex display won't be displayed in that case but is still existing
and still be filled with data. Yes, that could be improved too.
>   Guy: any chance there'll be some improvements going in that'll remedy
> this sort of thing anytime in the near future?

Unless anybody is willing to implement such a "virtual hex dump" widget
to answer is very probably no IMHO.

Regards, ULFL