Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] build fails - cannot find AUTHORS-SHORT

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 09:42:06 +0200
Giorgio Tino wrote:
Hi,

seems that some other problem occurs while building wireshark (19328) ...

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility   Version 6.00.9782.0
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1988-1998. All rights reserved.

        set copycmd=/y
        if not exist wireshark-gtk1 mkdir wireshark-gtk1
        xcopy epan\libwireshark.dll wireshark-gtk1 /d
epan\libwireshark.dll
1 File(s) copied
        xcopy ".\wiretap\wiretap-0.3.dll" wireshark-gtk1 /d
.\wiretap\wiretap-0.3.dll
1 File(s) copied
        xcopy ".\epan\libwireshark.dll" wireshark-gtk1 /d
0 File(s) copied
        if exist tshark.exe xcopy tshark.exe wireshark-gtk1 /d
        if exist dumpcap.exe xcopy dumpcap.exe wireshark-gtk2 /d
        if exist mergecap.exe xcopy mergecap.exe wireshark-gtk2 /d
        if exist text2pcap.exe xcopy text2pcap.exe wireshark-gtk2 /d
        if exist capinfos.exe xcopy capinfos.exe wireshark-gtk1 /d
        if exist editcap.exe xcopy editcap.exe wireshark-gtk1 /d
        xcopy ".\AUTHORS-SHORT" wireshark-gtk1 /d
File not found - AUTHORS-SHORT
0 File(s) copied
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'xcopy' : return code '0x4'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\VC98\BIN\NMAKE.EXE' : return code '0x2'
Stop.

Any idea? Thanks

P.S. AUTHORS-SHORT is NOT missing, it is in the right place I think... This error occurs either if I update my old version, or if I download the HEAD in a new directory and try to compile there...

Don't understand. The AUTHORS-SHORT file exists in the root source dir but xcopy don't find it?!?

Do you start nmake from the sources dir?!? Any problems with your xcopy?

Regards, ULFL