Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Install failure at configure stage

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 09:24:31 +0800

Joerg Mayer wrote:
On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 10:16:19AM -0600, Joe Breher wrote:
checking for ucd-snmp/ucd-snmp-config.h... yes
checking whether UCD SNMP includes sprint_realloc_objid... no
configure: error: UCD SNMP requires -lcrypto but --with-ssl not specified
[jbreher@martor wireshark-0.99.3a]$

What in the last line of configure containing the error: message
is hard to understand?

Couldn't 'configure' not bother trying to pick up either of the SNMPs if --with-ssl isn't specified, instead of bailing like this? This question comes up a decent amount...