Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] problems linking lua with vc6

Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 00:42:22 +0200
Hi folks,

 I have been trying to build ws on win32 for a while and I find
myself with some problems:
I build Lua 5.1.1 into a .lib, and then try link that lib into
libwireshark I get some unresolved symbol errors, specifically for:

   int __mb_cur_max;
   unsigned short* _pctype;
   int errno;
   double _HUGE;

Now as a workarround I added those few C lines to "fixup.c" and
bundled it into Lua511.lib now it looks like it works.

I see no errors, but I really do not know enough of how linking is
done and what will happen specially with errno and _HUGE (what
HUGE_VAL resolves into) are used (is the dup going to be ignored?).

However being these symbols from the standard lib (they couldn't have
come from anywhere else) I think that most probably I am doing
something wrong.

Has anybody seen something similar with VC6  (I've found some stuff in
the VC7 wiki page but that shouldn't apply).

Thanks,

Luis
-- Marshall McLuhan