Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] win32: nmake setup: can't find cl

From: Andrew Hood <ajhood@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 07:28:27 +1000
Graham Bloice wrote:
>>A follow-up on issues when building wireshark on win32.
>>I found out that if Cygwin "make" package is installed, Wireshark cannot
>>be built anymore under win32 (cannot find "cl" and other dependencies).
>>It might be a conflict between Cygwin's make and "nmake".
>>
>>Does someone else have the issue? For now, when I build Wireshark, I
>>first have to remove Cygwin's make.

Do you have the MSVC directories earlier in the path than Cygwin? I have
not tried building Wireshark, but never had any problems building
Ethereal with MSVC7 with Cygwin in the path. The more relevent parts of
my path:

c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\FrameworkSDK\bin
c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705
C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools\
C:\Perl\bin\
C:\WINDOWS\system32
C:\WINDOWS
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem
C:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin
C:\cygwin\usr\local\bin
C:\cygwin\usr\bin
C:\cygwin\bin
C:\sfu\common\

> Works fine for me, but then I don't have Cygwin on my normal path.  Do you?
> I open an rxvt window when I want to do cygwin type stuff.

                -- Dr. Who